Have you thought of how you can help your Society?
There are many ways to help us grow and become more beneficial to you and others.
GGS depends on volunteer power.
- Serve as an officer or board member
- Serve on a committee
- Help at a GGS event
- Develop training materials
- Give a presentation
- Write an article for the Germanic Genealogy Journal
- Help with a special task
There are many opportunities available. See our Volunteer Page for more information.
GGS is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, and therefore all donations are tax deductible.
You can help ensure that our society remains active and solvent.
- Make a monetary donation to GGS
- Include GGS in your will
If you wish to specify a particular purpose for your donation, Contact Us for more information.
If you desire to make a donation now, Click on the DONATE button below.
You may want to donate some of your research materials to add to the GGS collection at the Concordia library.
- Genealogy books
- Bound family histories
Family History Donation Policy
The policy for accepting family histories by GGS for the library is as follows:
- Donors are encouraged to submit only bound volumes of their family histories and the family histories must be of Germanic ancestry.
- Loose papers, CDs, three ring binders and cheap plastic bindings are not acceptable.
- Once the submission is made, a thank-you letter is sent, the submitted material becomes the property of GGS and the Library Committee will determine its disposition. If the committee decides that a family history is not suitable for the GGS collection, it may be submitted to MGS (with notification to donor), or it will be returned to the donor if no other satisfactory disposition can be found.
To make a material donation please contact the Library Chair using the Form on the Contact Us page.
Finally, you may have some German or Germanic related information, writings or books that you wish to share with others. These items can become a physical donation to the GGS collection of Germanic information housed at Concordia University. Our history has been founded by people who share by giving, especially information. We have received many book donations over the years which has helped our collection to grow in size and content. Also, from time to time, requests are made of our members to donate specific books that are no longer available or are out of print.