Membership is open to anyone interested in Germanic Genealogy.
Member benefits include:
- A 32-page quarterly Germanic Genealogy Journal. [sample] (See Publications for more info)
- Our monthly E-News. An emailed newsletter that informs members of upcoming events.
- Access to experienced Germanic Researchers
- Access to our Members-Only section on this website, which includes:
- Access to PDF copies of past editions of our Germanic Genealogy Journal.
- Handouts from past meetings
- Aids for using our library materials
- Update access to the GGS Surname Research database
- Archived Webinars and Webinar Handouts
- Free access to our extensive Germanic Genealogy Library Collection at Concordia University located in St. Paul, MN.
- Free access to the Minnesota Genealogy Society Library in Mendota Heights, MN. www.mngs.org
- Discount on Germanic Genealogy, 3rd edition. Sale price of $47 for members.
Annual dues are $20.00 for individuals, couples or organizations. (International plans see below
You may pay for up to three years of membership at a time. This applies to new memberships or renewals.
Two Payment Choices: USPS or Paypal
Step 1- Print and complete the US Membership Form
or the International Membership Form
Step 2- Enclose your payment, made out to Germanic Genealogy Society, for the appropriate amount. (no cash please)
Step 3- Send your check and completed Membership form to:
Germanic Genealogy Society
Attention: Membership Chair
P.O. Box 16312
St. Paul, MN 55116-0312
You can use our electronic method below. You do not need a PayPal account to use this method. The mailing address you have attached to your PayPal account (or Credit Card) will be sent automatically with your payment. There is no membership application to fill out.
New Members Please NOTE: Even though you have chosen PayPal to sign up, your membership information is still entered into the database manually by a volunteer. When your membership is entered you will receive an email with your logon credentials to access the secure side of our website. Please be patient.
Please also note that this link works now, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
International members (living outside the USA) will now have the choice of accessing the Journal on the GGS website or paying an additional amount to have the printed copy mailed.
PLAN A—$20/year. The electronic copy of the Germanic Genealogy Journal will be available on the GGS website. You will be notified when a new Journal is posted.
PLAN B—$30/year. The printed Germanic Genealogy Journal will be mailed.
Note: Current Foreign members who choose to read the Germanic Genealogy Journal as an electronic copy on the GGS website (and to no longer receive a printed copy) — please notify us at, email@example.com